Quality Assurance Provisions (QAPs)
All Company Purchase Orders include the following basic minimum quality provisions (LETTERED QAPS) and as such are not listed as separate QAPs on purchase orders. By acceptance of this purchase order, the supplier agrees to comply with ALL of these basic minimum quality provisions:
- PRODUCT IDENTIFICATION. Supplier part number (and revision if applicable) and the COMPANY part number and revision must be shown on the invoice, packing slip, Certificate of Conformance (C of C) and box, container, bag or spool label.
- CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMANCE. Supplier shipments must be accompanied by a certificate of conformance that is signed by an authorized supplier representative.
- PACKAGING. Supplier shall package material delivered under the purchase order in COMPANY, division name on the carrier’s (UPS, FedEx, etc.) shipping label.
- FOREIGN OBJECT DEBRIS (FOD) CONTROL. Supplier shall prevent, detect and remove foreign objects that could result in foreign object damage to the products supplied under this purchase order using NAS412 as a guideline. Supplier’s practice shall be proportional to the sensitivity of the design of the product to FOD, and to the FOD generating potential of the manufacturing methods.
- RIGHT OF ACCESS. Supplier shall provide COMPANY, its customers, and regulatory authorities access to all facilities involved in fulfillment of the purchase order and to all applicable records when requested.
- DESIGN CONTROL. Supplier shall notify the Buyer of any changes in the product and/or process definition. For products which COMPANY retains design approval authority, supplier shall obtain written approval from COMPANY prior to implementing any change.
- COMMUNICATION. All communication, technical guidance and instructions having contractual impact shall be accomplished directly between the Buyer and the supplier’s authorized representative. No contract or specification deviations shall be made without the written authorization of the Buyer.
- COMPLIANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS. Supplier shall fully comply with all instructions specified on the purchase order. Lack of written approval shall not relieve the supplier of the responsibility to fully comply with all of the requirements of the purchase order. The supplier shall not receive compensation in any form from COMPANY for unauthorized activity.
- PRODUCT CHANGES. Items furnished under this purchase order shall be identical to product previously accepted by COMPANY unless otherwise specified between the Buyer and the supplier. No changes shall be made in materials, processes, procedures, design interfaces or software which might affect the fit, form, function, safety, weight, maintainability, service life, reliability, replaceability, or interchangeability of the supplies delivered to COMPANY without prior written approval from the Buyer.
- MANUFACTURING FACILITY. Supplier shall notify the Buyer of any change in ownership and prior to any major plant rearrangement or plant relocation.
- INSPECTION AND TEST RECORDS. Supplier shall retain records of all inspections and tests performed for a minimum of seven (7) years after completion of the order or as specified. Quality records shall be available for COMPANY review upon request.
- QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS. Supplier shall maintain a quality management system that is acceptable to COMPANY. The supplier’s quality management system shall be subject to audit, review and approval by COMPANY upon reasonable notice to the supplier.
- REQUIREMENTS FLOW DOWN. Supplier shall flow down all relevant purchase order requirements to their sub-tier suppliers. Supplier’s sub-tier suppliers shall comply with the same specifications and requirements specified on this purchase order.
- COUNTERFEIT PARTS. Supplier represents and warrants that only new and authentic materials are used in products delivered to COMPANY and contain NO COUNTERFEIT PARTS/COMPONENTS AND OR DOCUMENTATION. Supplier shall only purchase authentic parts/components directly from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or through the OEM’s authorized distribution chain. If the supplier is not the OEM or a franchised or authorized distributor, the supplier confirms by acceptance of this purchase order that each product supplied to COMPANY has been procured from the OEM or a franchised or authorized distributor of the OEM or United States government surplus with COMPANY approval. It is the responsibility of the Supplier to ensure not only the validity of the products/components/materials it purchased for use in the final item sold to COMPANY but also the documentation and certifications (e.g. raw material certifications) from its supply base. For electronic components, the supplier must have procedures in place that are IAW SAE AS5553 “Counterfeit Electronic Parts; Avoidance, Detection, Mitigation and Disposition.” Supplier shall flow the requirements of this provision to its subcontractors and suppliers at any tier for the performance of this purchase order. Supplier shall make OEM documentation available that authenticates the traceability of the components to the applicable OEM per QAP-02.
In the event that these minimum conditions are not met, COMPANY reserves the right to withhold payment until all provisions of the purchase order, including any specific QAPs as listed in the purchase order, are met.
The QAPs on the following pages are assigned either to individual part numbers or to the entire purchase order for all items ordered. The COMPANY purchase order will either list the QAP provision number under each line item / part number and or at the bottom of the purchase order.
- QAP-01: DPAS RATING By acceptance of this purchase order the supplier is accepting it as a priority rated order in support of the indicated U.S. government contract number with a priority rating as stated in the purchase order. By acceptance of this purchase order the supplier agrees to comply with the provisions of the Defense Priorities and Allocation System (DPAS) regulation 15 CFR Part 700 except that purchase orders with a “DO” priority rating must be accepted or rejected by the supplier within 10 working days and purchase orders with a “DX” priority rating must be accepted or rejected by the supplier within 5 working days from receipt of the order.
- QAP-02: DISTRIBUTOR TRACEABILITY TO MANUFACTURER SOURCE The distributor shall state on their packing slip and/or on their Certificate of Conformance the name of the original product manufacturer and the date code and/or lot number of the specific part(s) in each shipment. A copy of the manufacturers’ certificate of conformance is also required with the shipment.
- QAP-03: LOT NUMBER / DATE CODE IDENTIFICATION The supplier shall list the manufacturing lot number and/or date code of the product shipped on the packing slip and on the certificate of conformance and on the product box, container, or spool label as applicable.
- QAP-04: MATERIAL CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide material certifications issued by the supplier, the material manufacturer, or by the supplier’s sub-tier source(s) that actually provided the products or material delivered on this purchase order. The certification shall state the material call out, relevant specification, type, class, grade, lot number and/or date code. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-05: PLATING CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide plating certifications issued by the supplier or supplier’s sub-tier source(s) that actually performed the plating of the product delivered on this purchase order. The certification shall state the plating specification, the type and class, with corresponding thicknesses and lot number. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-06: HEAT TREAT CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide heat treat certifications and reports issued by the supplier or supplier’s sub-tier source(s) that actually performed the heat treat process to the product delivered on this purchase order. The certification and reports shall state the specification to which heat treating was performed and the condition achieved. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-07: WELDING CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide certification that all welding operators performing work on products delivered on this purchase order have been certified in accordance with AWS D17.1 section 4. Fusion welding must reference MIL-STD-2219 in accordance with the applicable specifications. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-08: IPC-A-610 COMPLIANCE Products delivered under this purchase order shall meet the acceptance criteria of IPC-A-610 for Class 3 products. When requested, the supplier shall provide certification that products comply with IPC-A-610 Class 3. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-09: IPC/WHMA-A-620 COMPLIANCE Products delivered under this purchase order shall meet the acceptance criteria of IPC/WHMA-A-620 for Class 3 products. When requested, the supplier shall provide certification that products comply with IPC/WHMA-A-620 Class 3. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-10: ANSI/J-STD-001 COMPLIANCE The supplier shall establish and maintain qualified personnel, facilities and processes in accordance with ANSI/J-STD-001 for Class 3 products. When requested, the supplier shall provide certification that products comply with ANSI/J-STD-001 Class 3. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-11: ELECTROSTATIC DISCHARGE (ESD) SENSITIVE DEVICES The supplier shall establish and maintain qualified personnel, facilities and processes in accordance with the ANSI/ESD S20.20 or equivalent. ESD sensitive devices shall be packaged in re-sealable anti-static bags and shall be properly labeled, including labeling on all boxes, shipping containers and documentation.
- QAP-12: MISCELLANEOUS PROCESS CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide certifications and test reports by the supplier or supplier’s sub-tier source that actually performed the special process on the product supplied on this purchase order. The certifications shall state the process specification, type, class, etc. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-13: CONTROL IDENTIFICATION The supplier shall include on the shipping documents (invoice, packing slip and C of C) the control identification for the material being supplied. The control identification is the date code, lot number, serial number or packing slip number. When multiple lots are included in one shipment, the supplier shall separate and identify each lot and indicate each lot quantity. If serial numbers are required, COMPANY will provide the required serial numbers in its purchase order or in an attached specification.
- QAP-14: COMPANY. PROPERTY All specifications, drawings, data/software, tools, materials and other items supplied by the COMPANY to the supplier shall be proprietary to COMPANY and shall not be disclosed by the supplier unless authorized by COMPANY. The items shall remain the property of COMPANY (or of the Government or other party where the Government or such other party has or acquires title thereto.) COMPANY shall have the right to enter supplier’s premises and remove them at any time without being guilty of trespass or liable to supplier for damages. All such items shall be used only in the performance of this purchase order unless COMPANY consents otherwise in writing, except that as to any such item which are owned by the Government of which the Government has the right to use, the supplier may use such items in the performance of any direct contract between the supplier and the Government on a non-interference basis after the Government has expressly authorized such use in writing with written notice of such authorization to COMPANY. Supplier shall prominently mark (if not already marked) all such items as the property of COMPANY or the Government as directed by COMPANY. Supplier shall similarly list all such items on invoices and shall be responsible for them until returned to COMPANY.
- QAP-15: “O” RING SPECIAL PACKAGING O Rings shall be packaged in five (5) or less units per package and the external container (as a minimum) must be identified with part number, revision and cure date.
COMPANY COMPANY 9330 De Soto Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311 USA, Ph. 310-516-1692 Division of ADI: 2 Emery Ave, Randolph NJ 07869 U S A QMS-E-8412-2-F1 Rev17 Page 5 of 10 (Cage Code #####)
- QAP-16: “O” RING / RUBBER GOODS DOCUMENTATION, PACKAGING / SHELF LIFE REQUIREMENTS Each shipment shall be accompanied by a packing slip and C of C showing the part or drawing number and revision, material specification and revision, date of manufacture, shelf life expiration date and material batch identity / lot number. Items shall be packaged in a manner that will prevent moisture, foreign material, damage or contamination prior to use. Unit packaging shall comply with MIL-STD-2073-1E, Method 33. Any package with evidence of the container, bag, etc. being stapled shall result in the O-ring being scrapped at the supplier’s expense. Each unit package shall be marked per MIL-STD-129 and shall include the following information:
1. Part or drawing number
2. Material specification (if not the same as the part number)
3. Date of manufacture (DOM)
4. Shelf life expiration date
5. Material batch identity / lot number When specified by the purchase order, the supplier shall provide three (3) additional o-rings with each delivery for inspection sampling purposes. Sample o-rings and the balance of the lot shall be packaged and labeled identically so that COMPANY Quality Assurance inspection may select a random sample. MIL-STD-413 requirements shall apply unless otherwise specified. O-rings shall meet the requirements of SAE ARP5316 except that a maximum storage life for all components shall be 10 years or 40 quarters. O-rings shall not be furnished to DCX-CHOL if more than 15% of the shelf life has expired. Failure to comply with any of the requirements of this provision may result in rejection of the material.
- QAP-17: LIMITED SHELF LIFE MATERIALS The supplier shall provide with each shipment the required storage conditions and/or shelf life expiration dates (as applicable) and the date of manufacture (DOM), date of expiration (DOE) and the lot number. This information shall be shown on the packing slip, the C of C and on the material container (jar, bottle, can, tube, etc.) Unless otherwise stated on the purchase order, a minimum of 75% of the shelf life shall be remaining at the time of receipt. Failure to comply with this provision may result in material rejection.
- QAP-18: CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL TEST REPORTS The supplier shall provide with the shipment one (1) legible copy of all test data required by the applicable specification for materials supplied, materials in parts or assemblies, or testing performed. Reports shall include positive identification to the specifications required by the purchase order or applicable drawing, the requirements and the results obtained. The report shall indicate acceptance by the supplier’s designated quality representative verifying compliance to the requirements. The supplier shall mark all raw materials with a stamp, permanent marker, or identification tags. Actual marking shall consist of the purchase order number, line number and item nomenclature. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in rejection of the material. The chemical and or physical test reports shall include the following information:
1. The COMPANY purchase order number, line number and item nomenclature.
2. Material dimensions or quantity.
3. Signature of individual authorized to certify compliance.
- QAP-19: TEST COUPONS The supplier shall provide test coupons with each shipment that are representative of each heat treat or plating lot and that are made from the same melt as the items supplied. Test coupons shall be permanently identified with the supplier’s name or trademark, lot number and alloy identification.
COMPANY COMPANY 9330 De Soto Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311 USA, Ph. 310-516-1692 Division of ADI: 2 Emery Ave, Randolph NJ 07869 U S A QMS-E-8412-2-F1 Rev17 Page 6 of 10 (Cage Code #####)
- QAP-20: GOVERNMENT SOURCE INSPECTION Government inspection is required prior to shipment from your facility. Notify the Government representative who normally services your facility 10 days prior to the date material is ready for inspection. In the event the Government representative or office cannot be located, notify the COMPANY Buyer immediately.
- QAP-21: SOURCE INSPECTION BY COMPANY All items required by this purchase order are subject to COMPANY inspection at the supplier’s facility prior to shipment. The supplier shall provide no less than seventy-two (72) hours advance notice to the COMPANY Buyer to permit scheduling of the required inspection.
- QAP-22: PROOFING SPECIAL TEST EQUIPMENT AND/OR INSPECTION TOOLING Acceptance and use of special test equipment and/or inspection tooling on this purchase order is contingent upon approval by COMPANY Quality Assurance. The tooling must conform to tolerance limits of engineering drawings and specifications as stated.
- QAP-23: FIRST ARTICLE INSPECTION/TEST REQUIREMENT Supplier shall conduct a complete first article inspection and/or test (FAIT) in accordance with SAE AS9102 requirements on one part chosen from the first production lot of the initial purchase order. For parts that are produced in a multi-piece die or mold, the FAIT shall be performed on one piece per cavity. The FAIT does not need to be performed again unless one of the change notification events per AS9102 occurs or COMPANY specifically requests a new FAIT because of quality concerns. The supplier shall provide one (1) copy of First Article Inspection Report (FAIR) to COMPANY with the supplier's packing slip and C of C with the first delivery of parts on this purchase order. This requirement does not apply to those items returned to the supplier for rework of non-conformances.
- QAP-24: 100% PRODUCT INSPECTION 100% inspection shall be performed on each product supplied under this purchase order for all product characteristics, including drawing notes. Records of inspection results showing actual values shall be maintained by the supplier and one (1) copy of each record shall be included with the shipment. Each record shall be traceable to the individual product to which it applies by serial number or other unique identification. The records shall contain the COMPANY purchase order number, part number and revision.
- QAP-25: LOT SAMPLING 100% inspection of all characteristics, including drawing notes, shall be performed on a sample of each part number from each lot supplied under this purchase order. Lot sampling shall be in accordance with ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003. A sampling plan that accepts on zero defects is required. Records of inspection results showing actual values shall be maintained by the supplier and one (1) copy of each report shall be included with the shipment. The inspection reports shall contain the COMPANY purchase order number, part number and revision and shall indicate the sample size. The samples shall be segregated from the balance of the lot and shall be identified as samples.
- QAP-26: MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS All materials that are volatile, toxic or which emit fumes that are harmful to human health shall be properly contained in accordance with applicable health and safety requirements. The containers shall be plainly marked as to contents with appropriate warnings, precautions, instructions and storage conditions. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) shall be provided with each shipment.
- QAP-27: CALIBRATION SERVICES The supplier shall provide calibration services that are traceable to the National Institute of Standards. A certificate of calibration that conforms to either ISO/EIC 17025 or ANSI/NCSL Z540 (supplier's option) shall be provided. Calibration shall be performed to the original equipment manufacturer’s specification. When an out of tolerance indication is discovered the information concerning the out of tolerance condition shall be provided.
COMPANY COMPANY 9330 De Soto Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311 USA, Ph. 310-516-1692 Division of ADI: 2 Emery Ave, Randolph NJ 07869 U S A QMS-E-8412-2-F1 Rev17 Page 7 of 10 (Cage Code #####)
- QAP-28: SOLDER CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide certification stating that solder compositions supplied under this purchase order conform to the requirements of ANSI/J-STD-006. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-29: FLUX CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide certification stating that the rosin-based flux supplied under this purchase order conforms to the requirements of ANSI/J-STD-004. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-30: SOLDERABILITY CERTIFICATION The supplier shall provide certification that the material/product supplied under this purchase order meets the solderability requirements as specified in ANSI/J-STD-001. Certifications shall contain the signature and title of the authorized supplier representative.
- QAP-31: PRESERVATION OF SILVER-PLATED PARTS AND MATERIALS All machine parts, wire, braiding, and/or components that are silver-plated entirely or in part shall be preserved in moisture-proof packaging to prevent contamination, corrosion and/or oxidation during transportation and storage; the use of silver-saver paper and heat-sealed polyethylene bags with desiccant is required. Continuous lengths of silver-plated wire and cable shall have ends sealed using heat shrinkable caps or an equivalent method for preventing unimpeded ingress of water (liquid and/or vapor.)
- QAP-32: COMMERCIAL PRINTED WIRING BOARD (PWB) REQUIREMENTS The supplier of the parts procured under this purchase order shall conform to IPC-6012 (Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards). Class shall be specified on the master drawing. If no Class is identified then Class 3 is to be used.
Material Requirements: PWBs shall be manufactured using laminate and prepreg from the same manufacturer. The entire purchase order quantity of PWBs shall be manufactured using laminate and prepreg from a single source (OEM).
SMD (surface mount device) and BGA (ball grid array) Pad Size Requirements: Applicable to SMD and BGA pad sizes less than 16 mils. Pad sizes shall be consistent within a received lot within +/- 1.0 mil. The supplier shall implement and use SPC to monitor critical SMD and BGA pad size requirements. Real time process control charting must be implemented. Where Cpk values are < 1.33 a cause and corrective action shall be submitted. SPC data shall be included with the electrical test data package. All shipping boxes shall indicate the pad sizes of the PWBs for that shipment. The nominal pad size and the range for the PWBs in the container shall be clearly marked. PWBs do not need to be marked with pad size information. The supplier shall be responsible for maintaining serialization information pertaining to shipments and pad sizes.
Coupons/Micro-sections: If COMPANY source inspection is performed per QAP-21 then micro-sections shall be maintained on file by the supplier. If there is no source inspection, then the supplier’s micro-sections shall be shipped with the boards and shall be compliant to Table 4-3 (Acceptance Testing and Frequency) per IPC-6012. The micro-sections will be returned after evaluation by COMPANY if requested by the supplier.
Table 4-3 Acceptance Testing and Frequency Inspection Data: Table 4.3 (per IPC-6012) inspection data shall be submitted with all shipments.
Solderability Test Certificate: The supplier shall furnish certification of acceptance of a solderability test conducted per IPC/EIA J-STD-003. The certification shall state: 1. Test method used. 2. Number of samples tested, accepted, rejected. 3. Date of solderability test. The supplier shall also retain a copy of all test data on file for five (5) years after completion of this purchase order.
COMPANY COMPANY 9330 De Soto Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311 USA, Ph. 310-516-1692 Division of ADI: 2 Emery Ave, Randolph NJ 07869 U S A QMS-E-8412-2-F1 Rev17 Page 8 of 10 (Cage Code #####) Electrical Test Requirement: Bare board testing shall be performed in accordance with IPC-9252. Continuity and isolation of each circuit path as defined by the Net List or Gerber data shall be verified for each MLB (multilayer board). Rework Restrictions: No rework for Bow or Twist is allowed. PWBs shall meet Bow and Twist requirements as laminated. PWBs shall be 100% verified for Bow and Twist.
- QAP-33: MIL-P-55110 PRINTED WIRING BOARDS The supplier shall be currently qualified to Mil-P-55110 for board type and material specified for this purchase order. Material supplied to this purchase order shall meet the requirements of Mil-P-55110. A minimum of one (1) quality conformance test coupon per panel shall be included with each shipment of boards. For traceability, each coupon shipped shall be identifiable with the corresponding production boards produced on the panel with the coupon.
- QAP-34: PRINTED WIRING BOARD (PWB) REQUIREMENTS – IPC CLASS 3 The materials, fabrication and test requirements for PWBs shall meet the IPC Class 3 Industry Standard requirements of the following specifications: 1. Design (IPC-2220 series) 2. Qualification and Performance (IPC-6010 series) 3. Inspect/Test/Acceptability (IPC-A-600, IPC-TM-650, IPC-QL-653, IPC-MI-660)
- QAP-35: MICRO-SECTION COUPON 1. Micro-section and coupon requirements: With each delivery of boards or flex circuits except Type 1 (single sided) and Type 2 (double sided) the supplier shall include the micro-sections used for product acceptance and coupon strips representing each panel for which product is delivered. Supplier will conform to all Military and Industry specifications referenced on the procurement documents associated with this procurement. The following standard IPC micro-sections for each panel will consist of (as a minimum): a. “A and B” micro-sections from opposite corners of the panel that have not been solder floated (as received). b. The following micro-sections are required in the “X” and “Y” direction from opposite corners of the panel: 1) “A” micro-sections that have been solder floated. (Note: This is only required if the hole size is larger than the hole on the “B” micro-section. The larger hole will be used to detect post separation.) 2) “B” micro-sections that have been solder floated. If the supplier uses the “A/B” micro-sections then the following are required: c. “A/B” micro-sections from opposite corners of the panel that have not been solder floated (as received). d. “A/B” micro-sections from opposite corners of the panel (one in the “X” and one in the “Y” direction) that have been solder floated. e. Coupon strips representing the micro-sections in paragraphs a, b or c, d above. f. If the board contains blind or buried vias, one set of micro-sections representing these features must be submitted. g. Any special coupon strips (impedance, peel strength, wire bond, etc.) that are specified on the master drawing. The coupon strips and micro-sections listed above will not be returned to the supplier. The supplier shall retain other acceptance micro-sections and additional coupon strips that are a part of the fabrication panel. 2. Documentation requirements: a. Certificate of Conformance (C of C) stating conformance to the specifications. b. A list of the panel numbers and corresponding boards shipped. Also, indicate which panels were scrapped at your facility. c. A list of the panel numbers for which micro sections were submitted. Micro sections must be marked to indicate panel number. d. Electrical test results to include impedance data if applicable.
COMPANY COMPANY 9330 De Soto Ave, Chatsworth, CA 91311 USA, Ph. 310-516-1692 Division of ADI: 2 Emery Ave, Randolph NJ 07869 U S A QMS-E-8412-2-F1 Rev17 Page 9 of 10 (Cage Code #####) e. Statement of results of “R” coupon testing by panel number if used to verify acceptable internal layer registration. Use of a “modified F” coupon is acceptable in some cases if it is used for the same purpose as the “R” coupon. f. If the printed circuit board micro-section fails external annular ring, state that the boards themselves were checked for registration and pass, if the boards are to be delivered. 3. Retention requirements: The supplier is responsible for maintaining a set of micro-sections and coupon strips which represent the product delivered. However, if only one set remains and, in order to satisfy the requirements of this QAP, that set is delivered to COMPANY, then COMPANY accepts the responsibility for the micro-sections and coupon strips and their retention as required by the applicable military specification.
- QAP-36: COUNTRY OF ORIGIN MARKING All components and/or assemblies of foreign origin delivered under this purchase order shall be legibly marked indicating the name of the country of origin of the component and/or assembly. The identification marking shall be in the English language and shall be as permanent as the nature of the component and/or assembly will permit without causing damage or affecting the intended use or operation of the article. The identification marking shall be placed in a clearly visible location.
- QAP-37: SPECIALTY METALS This purchase order is subject to the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) clause 252.225-7009, Restriction on Acquisition of Certain Articles Containing Specialty Metals. By acceptance of this order the supplier agrees to provide a certificate of compliance to the DFARS requirement. The supplier shall list the “qualifying country” of origin (refer to DFARS clause 225.003) of specialty metals on the material certification provided per QAP-04. The supplier shall flow down this requirement to all sub-tier suppliers. DFARS clauses can be accessed at http://www.acq.osd.mil/dpap/dars/dfars/index.htm.
- QAP-39: SUPPLIER QUALIFICATION Supplier shall maintain strict controls to assure that, after the item(s) successfully pass the qualification, no changes will be made to any design, material, part, process, procedure, tooling or test equipment; nor shall they be altered, redesigned or replaced by another design, material, part, process, procedure, tooling or test equipment, without prior written approval from COMPANY. The definition of “change” does not include the following: editorial or administrative changes such as spelling or typographical errors, clarification, personnel, maintenance, or equipment changes not affecting the qualified product. In addition, the items shall not be produced at a facility other than the supplier’s original facility which produced the acceptable items, without prior written approval of COMPANY. Upon receipt of such notice, COMPANY shall have the right to direct the supplier to repeat all or part of the qualification at the supplier’s expense and to obtain from the supplier all data necessary to prove the acceptability of the proposed change.
- QAP-40: ISO9001 COMPLIANCE Supplier shall maintain a quality management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO9001. Supplier’s compliance with ISO9001 and this QAP shall be demonstrated by submission to DCX-CHOL of the supplier’s valid registration certificate issued by an ANAB accredited certifying body.
- QAP-41: AS9100 COMPLIANCE Supplier shall maintain a quality management system in accordance with the requirements of AS9100. Supplier’s compliance with AS9100 and this QAP shall be demonstrated by submission to COMPANY of the supplier’s valid registration certificate issued by an ANAB accredited certifying body.